After a six-month-long COVID-19 led lockdown on restaurants, Westlife Development, the company that owns and operates McDonald’s restaurants in West and South India is all set to reopen its doors for customers in Maharashtra.
The company has left no stone unturned to ensure a completely safe and hygienic experience for its employees and customers. It is re-starting the dine-in service with its Golden Guarantee platform.
This Golden Guarantee platform by McDonald’s India West and South encapsulates 42 top-notch safety and hygiene processes that the company has added to their already world-class practices. These new processes ensure that the food is prepared and served without being touched by bare hands. They also ensure contactless operations, frequent sanitization, social distancing and usage of all required protective gears across dine-in, delivery and take-out channels, thus making sure that both employees and customers remain safe, every step of the way.
“The dine-in operations in the state are opening after more than 6 months and we are committed to making the experience completely safe, hygienic and special for our customers. In the wake of the ongoing health crisis, we have put in place global SoPs, created new processes and adhered to all Government mandates to ensure complete safety for both our customers and our people. We thank our customers for the trust and love they have shown for us so far and hope to keep delighting them going forward,” shared Saurabh Kalra, Chief Operating Officer, McDonald’s India (West and South).
Here is a sneak peek into what you can expect when you next visit a McDonald’s restaurant for dine-in:
· You will see designated social distancing markings at the ordering counters and inside the kitchens for customers and employees, respectively.
Mandatory temperature checks will be conducted for all customers and employees at the entrance.
· There will be alternate table and chair seating arrangement to ensure social distancing among customers in the dining area.
· Employees will always be seen wearing protective gear like masks and gloves. Food will be prepared and served without being touched by bare hands. Kitchen equipments and tables will be sanitized every four hours.
· The brand has maintained separate kitchens, equipments, utensils, and cleaning cloths for veg and non-veg food right from the start of its operations in India.
· Delivery riders will be seen standing ay designated markings while waiting to collect the order. There will be a special line with markings for customers who come to collect their takeaway orders.
· The restaurant leadership team will be well trained in health and hygiene modules, conducted by FSSAI and each crew member will have received specialized training on precautionary measures against COVID- 19.
· And this is not all! McDonald’s will be scrutinizing the safety and hygiene practices at their suppliers’ ends as well to make sure that every detail in the food safety management procedure is taken care of.
· To ensure a completely contact-less dine-in experience, McDonald’s has also enabled contactless ordering through digital menus sent through Whatsapp and contactless payments through UPI or Tap n Pay.
With this Golden Guarantee, you can now be rest assured of your safety when you visit McDonald’s restaurants for a special dinner with family and friends and enjoy McDonald’s just the way you like it!